Driving from Suenohara to Toyota City, then Toyota Stadium… vending machine spotting
Here is a video I took, driving from my house to Toyota city. Originally the video was supposed to help me remember a new route to drive to work, but found it interesting at how many vending machines there were, and where they were.
Vending machines in Japan are known as 自販機 (jihanki, which is a shortened version of the full word).
The video was taken on my Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3, in HD at 16:9 widescreen. Edited in iMovie 9.
A few things to notice:
- Of the 6 machines spotted at around 0:12, 3 are for cigarettes. Directly across the road is Suenohara Junior High School.
- 0:43 you will see the remnants of the Cherry Blossom’s in bloom.
- From 1:17 to 1:37 are various buildings for the Toyota headquarters, this area includes a test track, engineer buildings and who knows what else…
- The speed limit never once goes about 50km/h.
- 2:50 is the city hall and offices, a huge construction progress is in place here, will be interesting to see what pops up.
- Generally, I would have missed about 10 or more machines, the ones spotted here are what I could see from the video, I’ve already noticed a few along this route that I missed and are out of view.